What's new

System Log

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I find it confusing that there are two dropdown menus for the system log. Can anyone explain how these two settings relate to each other?

Screenshot - 06_07_2022 , 19_41_40.jpg

Hover your mouse pointer over the text on the left so a ? appears. Then click for an explanation.

So would you normally set the top one to log more than you are likely to need and then set the bottom one closer to what you think you will actually need, or is there a better way to set this up?

You would normally leave the settings at their default values unless you have a specific reason to change them.

I do not need to see status messages from processes that are working as intended. Warnings and errors get buried in the flood of useless messages.

I use warning/warning for my syslog settings which eliminates all of the nonsense.

Disclaimer - I do not use any of the add-on scripts, some of which require syslog to contain status messages from various processes.

I do not need to see status messages from processes that are working as intended. Warnings and errors get buried in the flood of useless messages.

I use warning/warning for my syslog settings which eliminates all of the nonsense.

Disclaimer - I do not use any of the add-on scripts, some of which require syslog to contain status messages from various processes.
That's roughly how I was thinking of setting my logs. I just wasn't sure how to do that, given that there are two dropdowns to choose from (I think the stock firmware only has one according to something I read on the ASUS web site).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!