1. Post filters have been ramped up due to high spam activity. If your post is marked for moderation, be patient. A moderator will review and release it as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

T-Mobile CellSpot

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by millercentral, Sep 11, 2014.

1. matiasg85

matiasg85 New Around Here

This should help you:

2. ptwat

ptwat Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply, I had done all of this configuration on the two 68Us using the bayarea procedure but re-flashed the cfe with the goggles bin just to make sure. I can get the first 68U (flashed to goggles cfe) to come up and and go through the process of configuring it to a aimesh router. I then move to the 68U to configure to an ainode. It does configure to an ainode and tells me to move to the aimesh router so I move to the aimesh router and click the aimesh icon and then search. The search on over ten tries never finds the ainode still within 4 inches. When I move back to the ainode it goes into configuration mode again. Seems like the configuration never takes and somehow it resets.
    Any ideas?

3. ptwat

ptwat Occasional Visitor

As you can see above I was having your problem with two tmo converted ac68u routers. After trying for days to get them to communicate, I went back and created cfe's from goggles version "cfe_from_ac68u.bin". I use HxD hex editor to change the mac addresses (3) to match the original cfe's in the tmo converted ac68us and reflashed the cfes. I did the ainode first and let it come up and just sit there. Then I did the airouter, let it come up, created the wifi network and it decided to connect to ainode. The two things that were different this time around was that I had both of my cfes base on the cfe_from_ac68u and (don't know if this make a difference) I had the airouter connected to my cable modem (internet access).
    One other mention was that i changed the startup ip address from 192.168.29.1 as in the cfe_from_ac68u to 192.168.1.1 for convenience to me in the cfe's.
    Hope this helps, I was real frustrated by this.

4. ptwat

ptwat Occasional Visitor

My general response is that I have the AiMesh up and running as of last night with a aimesh router and a aimesh node. I now wish I had gotten one more of the tmo routers when they we cheap.

Specifically, I am not sure what version of mtd-write I used except to say the file has a 11/4/2014 date on it.
    I did all the commands above and got the same results with a few exceptions-
    odmpid value is blank on mtd1 for the AiMesh router and the AiMesh node (I suppose I could fix that but things are running okay for now),
    One of my mac address on the AInode is not correct but it is not duplicated in the network,
    my base ipaddresses are both 192.168.1.1 but I change them from 192.168.29.1 when I edited the cfe for both

Thanks for all the shell commands above. Very helpful!

5. smithduluth

smithduluth New Around Here

I have tried installing Asus 376.3626 via mini-cfe and Asus Restore and it fails just past halfway through. This is my 5th TM router conversion to RT so I am not a newbie. Here is what Putty says about my memory partitions. They are no where near Stratuscasters (Slickdeals) example. His /dev/root is 37.0M I think his readings are after installing 376.3626, but I cannot get to that point. I know my cfe is good as it binary compares with the cfe of my working routers other than the 3 Macs and the Secret. Any suggestions as I would rather get off the t-mobile firmware. Thanks

[email protected]:/tmp/home/root# nvram get bl_version
    [email protected]:/tmp/home/root#

ASUSWRT RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4 Wed Jul 16 08:39:37 UTC 2014
    [email protected]:/tmp/home/root# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 14.6M 14.6M 0 100% /
    devtmpfs 124.8M 0 124.8M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 124.9M 3.9M 121.0M 3% /tmp
    /dev/mtdblock6 30.8M 1.1M 29.7M 4% /jffs
    /dev/mtdblock7 1.3M 388.0K 892.0K 30% /T-Mobile
    [email protected]:/tmp/home/root#

6. smithduluth

smithduluth New Around Here

I tried running Asus Restore on a Windows 8.1 laptop on battery to slow it down and the upgrade worked. I wonder if the router was choking before when I was using the desktop.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018