What's new

Taptalk changes - email spam blockers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Noticed something odd with SNBForums and Taptalk interaction...

Seems like about a week ago, they made some kind of change, and now I see lots of spam in my email (e.g. someone likes/replies to a post) and this isn't reflected in the SNBForums itself...

Might be Taptalk clients here, rather than the primary Web forum...

@thiggins - can you check on this as Taptalk is perhaps trying to do an end around on the client websites...

The wording "We've been having some server loading problems today. Tapatalk has been temporarily disabled while we track them down." sounds like as if @thiggins is planning to track them down like what either law enforcement or what an assassin would do.

SNBForums experienced multiple instances of high server loading. Log review didn't reveal anything particularly interesting. But due to SFX's report, I disabled TapaTalk to see if it made a difference.

Since disabling Tapatalk, there have been no new instances of high server loading. At some point, I will re-enable Tapatalk and see if the problems resume.

Since disabling Tapatalk, there have been no new instances of high server loading. At some point, I will re-enable Tapatalk and see if the problems resume.

How did it go with things?

See the tapatalk plugin was reenabled...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!