1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Telnet/ssh console

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by Gar, Dec 7, 2018 at 1:02 AM.

1. Gar

Gar Regular Contributor

New to Netgear r7800 and voxel, where is this option? Wanting to enable stubby.

Is access to this located in the voxel 61sf setup page, or a separate command or download?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 1:10 AM
  2. heidarren

heidarren Occasional Visitor

192.168.1.1/debug.htm

3. Gar

Gar Regular Contributor

I still feel stupid. Easy upgrade to 61SF.

After entering /debug.htm how do I start stubby? I selected Telnet, was this wrong? I did disable 11k as I read was recommended somewhere. Noticed there wasn't a way to apply settings or reboot. Cycling power and re-entering the page showed 11k off, and after returning to normal setup page I could apply and reboot again.

It's working fine with all setup done except stubby.

What am I missing?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 12:13 AM
  4. Ernesto

Ernesto New Around Here

In Windows 10, once the router has telnet enabled, you need to open a command prompt and start a telnet session. You may want to google telnet commands but as I understand it (limited understanding) you enter the following at the command prompt (what some of us use to know as the DOS prompt): telnet "dot.address.of.router" without the quotes.

Generally, the dot address is 192.168.1.1

If successful telnet will respond asking for the router password.

Once connection is established, you need to enter the commands that Voxel listed to start stubby. See Voxel's thread for the firmware you are using.

If successful, then type logoff to exit the telnet session.

I am new at this too, so, others may add corrections as necessary.