What's new

Tenda AC18 & Merlin software

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevLocalCA

New Around Here
I purchased a Tenda AC18. On receipt going to the router settings, everything was not in a language that I could understand (Chinese).

I installed Merlin software ( for Asus RT-AC68U ) on Fri 2019-Jul-26, and everything has been working great (set to English ). I made many configurations, and have been very happy with the device and software.

---
I went to reset the device by holding in the reset button and now it's broken. It will not reset to defaults, and has not retained the settings I had configured.

It's in a state that will not work.

---
It will not reset (cannot get all lights to flash off/on after eight seconds), and the LAN light now will never come back on, nor the 2.4G or 5G lights.

I have tried holding in the reset button while powering on, I have tried holding in the button for longer than 8 seconds (10, 15, 20+), nothing works to reset.

Is there anyway to reload the latest merlin software by putting onto a USB drive and having the router read the USB drive on boot?

I cannot connect to the admin page : 192.168.0.1 nor the IP address I had it set to while it was working.

This router is a clone of the Asus RT-AC68U device.

Any help would be appreciated to get the device working again.

I purchased a Tenda AC18. On receipt going to the router settings, everything was not in a language that I could understand (Chinese).

I installed Merlin software ( for Asus RT-AC68U ) on Fri 2019-Jul-26, and everything has been working great (set to English ). I made many configurations, and have been very happy with the device and software.

---
I went to reset the device by holding in the reset button and now it's broken. It will not reset to defaults, and has not retained the settings I had configured.

It's in a state that will not work.

---
It will not reset (cannot get all lights to flash off/on after eight seconds), and the LAN light now will never come back on, nor the 2.4G or 5G lights.

I have tried holding in the reset button while powering on, I have tried holding in the button for longer than 8 seconds (10, 15, 20+), nothing works to reset.

Is there anyway to reload the latest merlin software by putting onto a USB drive and having the router read the USB drive on boot?

I cannot connect to the admin page : 192.168.0.1 nor the IP address I had it set to while it was working.

This router is a clone of the Asus RT-AC68U device.

Any help would be appreciated to get the device working again.
I suggest returning it for a refund and purchasing an Asus router, so that you are not running the firmware illegally. Oh, and we'll be happy to help with any problems the Asus router has too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.