What's new

Thank you!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark070

Regular Contributor
Everyday, during my lunch hour, I visit these forums.

I do my best to absorb all the conversations and learn as much as I can understand. It has even inspired me to order $250 in parts to build up a MOCA 2 network in my house!

With that said ...

(I mean all of this in the most respectful manner)

I laugh and find these conversations hilarious at times.
I love how it appears that much of these threads are geared towards ASUS products ...
There are at least four or five of you (regulars) - that will argue back and forth (at times), and I just love it :)

My favorite is when @Val D. (I believe that's who it is), chimes in on conversations and tells people to just buy their wife a vacation ... usually is a thread killer ... :) (Yes, he has said that to me as well).

So, with that .. Thank you! You make me smile and I learn a lot about different (outside of ASUS) devices.

For the record, I have an Edge Router 4, and use a Netgear R7800 as an AP ... will replace the R7800 with MOCA 2 and use Orbi as Mesh (hard wired via MOCA). Hopefully that will work just as well, if not better.

Mark

You are very welcome!

We need to find enjoyment in everything we do, even in arguing with people who posted 9.000 times unnecessary procedures how to reset an ASUS router. There is a button at the back, press and hold for 10 seconds, works every single time... :D

And I'm sorry, but I did not recommend exactly to send the wife on a vacation. What I did recommend is to go together with her on a vacation. If someone wants to get rid of his wife, temporary or permanently, I would suggest a different plan of action. :D

Move on people, this thread is killed...

I’m thinking of taking Mark’s wife on a vacation... :cool:

I’m thinking of taking Mark’s wife on a vacation... :cool:

I see 4 possibilities here:

1. Thank You!

2. Mark and his wife live in a retirement home, in last 15 years.

3. An SNB member gets killed along with the thread... by his own wife.

4. An SNB member gets killed along with the thread... by another SNB member.

Dave, your chances of success are 25%. We'll tell the new SNB members you were a nice guy. :eek:

P.S. Actually, your chances of success are 0%. Even in "Thank You!" situation, there must be a good reason for that...

Last edited:
Better to help a new member by repeating good old advice passed on by previous members than to merely show up to say how bad consumer equipment is. :D

The best of the worst (and I agree; 'consumer' is bottom of the barrel) is still something to strive for particularly when the budget is in the same ballpark for all/most of it. ;)

And, if that so-called 10-second button press 'reset' worked every single time, we wouldn't be having new posters here so often. But why use logic and self-restraint when we're trying to bring down an 'evil' networking empire that uses blatant advertising like every other profitable company in the world? ;)

Some believe it is better to misinform and twist the facts and berate others at the same time instead.

Thankfully, we're not all like that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!