What's new

Thanks for the forum software update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mark read under the bell icon, and then show all, can this be moved? It's annoying to have to click show all just to mark read on everything.

If you click on New Posts on the home page, you can easily click Mark Forums Read on the next page.

If you click on New Posts on the home page, you can easily click Mark Forums Read on the next page.
That is pretty much the same thing as clicking the bell icon, show all and then mark read. This though equals 4 click and a new page loaded. So it's even worse.

If this mark read is added in the drop down menu when clicking the bell icon it equals 2 clicks and no pages loaded.

This mark read under the bell icon, and then show all, can this be moved? It's annoying to have to click show all just to mark read on everything.
You could also disable certain notifications if you don’t want to read them (e.g. Likes, mentions, follows, etc.)

Or, you can read the threads you want without signing in. (And, sign in when you want to reply).

You could also disable certain notifications if you don’t want to read them (e.g. Likes, mentions, follows, etc.)
But i dont want that. I want it easier to mark everything as read.

Why is it so far in there to add mark read next to show all?

The options available have been provided.

Live within those.

The options available have been provided.

Live within those.
Well, first of all thats not up to you. Secondly making a change is not that hard. So i definitely does not see the problem with adding this in the dropdown list when clicking the bell icon.

Never implied it was up to me.

Not up to you to demand those changes either though.

Never implied it was up to me.

Not up to you to demand those changes either though.
So that's the issue? That you and others in here feel that i "DEMAND" things? So it's not about the request i made but rather about a social hierarchy and butt kissing attitude?
I'm sorry man, but i am a man and i speak as i always do. If you find that offensive and demanding thats on you and not on me.

Instead of avoiding my request and providing shirt answers this thiggings guy should just have said "thats a great idea, i will add it asap". I am probably not the only one who would find this "feature" useful.
But no, people want to bitch about it. Maybe claim they are "too lazy" or some other shirt nonsense to excuse.

Instead of avoiding my request and providing shirt answers this thiggings guy should just have said "thats a great idea, i will add it asap". I am probably not the only one who would find this "feature" useful.
Just to add more details: the forum theme is not developed by thiggins, but by the forum software developers. Customizing a theme would most likely require thiggins to hire a web developer, and pay him to customize the theme (assuming the theme is customizable, some forum/CMS themes are sometimes minified and not editable). I can understand that not being really an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.