What's new

Thanks !!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

haeffnkr

Occasional Visitor
I just unboxed my new Asus 68 and installed the Merlin software.
I works great. I had 5 systems streaming video at the same time from Plex, my hdhomerun tv tuner and ESPN live feeds.
I have had 3 systems up now streaming video for 4 hours.
I NEVER got that kind of performance out of my old router it always skipped frames and just stopped after an hour tops. I had to reboot it almost daily just to get it to half way work.

I was on a link sys 1900 acs and cussed this thing for 2 years.

Any way....thanks for all the support, help and awesome firmware!

haeffnkr

For the Linksys 1900ACS, load up LEDE FW on it. What I did for my 1900AC v1. Night and Day. Never Looked back.

I saw the LEDE FW and know it has a great following and resolves the link sys issues. It appeared to be not as user friendly as these ASUS routers and Merlin FW are.

Now after 3 days of solid performance, getting MUCH better range and speed in my house, I am beyond happy with my decision to dump and switch to ASUS.
My streaming solutions are actually working. I am one step closer to dumping my cable boxes due to my reliable signals now.
I did a wired transfer between 2 pcs last night.... gigs of data... did not slow down like before.
I keep checking the speed on my devices, still in the mode of rebooting my router almost daily, but no ... it just keeps trucking along.

This is all with default settings - I have not even tried to tune the setup yet.
I did check the default 2.4 channel and it is on the best one in my area. :)

I need to get AB setup as well.

thanks again
haeffnkr

LEDE is nice however a bit more complex. Once you know where to go and what to do, it's fairly easy. Theres forums and WIKIs to help as well.

Are you going to set up the Linksys as a AP?

RIP LEDE :p

(to be more accurate: they just remerged back into OpenWRT from which they had originally forked).

Really, didn't know that. I was looking at there web page recently...guess I should go read some more.

LEDE is nice however a bit more complex. Once you know where to go and what to do, it's fairly easy. Theres forums and WIKIs to help as well.

Are you going to set up the Linksys as a AP?

No,
I am going to set it up on ebay.

I will buy another Asus for my needed garage and front of the house AP.

thanks haeffnkr

Good Luck.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!