What's new

The association between wired clients and the adaptive cpu clock.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Odkrys

As a reminder, I am writing this post because the original post is locked.
So I'm posting it separately.

As I wrote here, if the main cpu clock is set to max when disabling the runner, that may affect the wired connection.

My guess is that, for example, if you are sending and receiving a low number of packets on a low bandwidth, the cpu clock will remain low and you may not get the responsiveness you need.
(Like a high-end graphics card running low-end games)

There are also tips on the openwrt forum to set the cpu clock to maximum when using sqm(cake).

I currently only use wireless connections, but please note if you have wired gaming devices.

As I wrote here, if the main cpu clock is set to max when disabling the runner, that may affect the wired connection.
It depends on the model. In the case of the AX86U it doesn't support changing the CPU power settings, despite what the message from runner might imply. So you're just turning the Flow Cache HW acceleration on and off.
Code:
admin@RT-AX86U:/# pwr show --cpuspeed
CPU Speed                      N/A

I am probably speaking out of my arse by piping up but I seem to recall that Asus has been locking down the clock speeds (from allowing user changes via command line) for at least a year.
Though that could have been specific to the popular dual core routers running 800/1000 Mhz like the ac86u.

Used to be able to hex file edit a modded CFE for the clock rate back "in the day" but at some point it seems to me that Asus hardcoded something.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!