The IT Crowd Discord Server

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

BreakingDad

Hi All,

I will try and keep this fairly brief, myself and some friends from the Discord Community have launched our tech and support server, to assist gamers and others with PC Builds, routers, servers, networking, windows, linux, coding etc.

What is Discord?

Discord is a VoIP, instant messaging and digital distribution platform designed for creating communities. Users communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media and files in private chats or as part of communities called "servers."
It is free to use, and free to download and runs on Windows; macOS; Linux; iOS; iPadOS; Android; Web browsers.

What are we offering?

Essentially a friendly environment for nerds, techys and users to hang out and catch up on the latest tech news, but also a ticket based support system for any Hardware / Software / Tech Issues you may have.

What are we looking for?

Firstly anyone is welcome to hang out and expand our community.

Secondly, we require more support staff, we already have people that are experienced and competent in windows, linux, hardware, servers,networking,pi's etc also a multi lingual translator should that occur. We are however looking for those willing to volunteer their help to answer support tickets, strictly on a no pressure basis, we are currently operating mainly during EU gaming hours (evenings), although tickets may be answered at any time 24/7. Ideal skills would be networking, routers and windows, although any tech experience is good.

How do I join?
Simply with the following link:

The IT Crowd Discord

How do I sign up to become a staff member?

DM me in the discord room and tell me you are from SNB and what your skills are. On Discord I go by the name of Loutish.

Thank you for listening and rest assured I still love, check in and try and help on SNB on a daily basis. This is just another place, not an alternative. Any questions please ask.

da4b34c729e3a104df822f0eb563322b.jpeg

Last edited:

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
I want to wish you all the luck with your new endeavor @BreakingDad!

But I'll be catching you here in the forums. ;)

BreakingDad

If you need any help Gramps, just shout @L&LD

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Ehhh? I didn't catch what that young whippersnapper said! :D

BreakingDad

Ehhh? I didn't catch what that young whippersnapper said! :D
That is nice, rarely do I get called young now.

BreakingDad

Invite Link has been repaired :)

BreakingDad

added:

How-to-guide channel
reddit live feeds for the following groups r/ linux,windows,networking,technology and build-a-pc
youtube feeds for linustechtips,maketech easier, bithardware and panjno optimisations
rss news feeds for hotukdeals(tech filtered), gizmodo (tech filtered), maketecheasier and how-togeek
flex ur tech pics channel, announcements channel.

Currently at 29 members. Still recruiting support volunteers and idlers.