What's new

The Max Limit of Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel is 100 but,

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nick_J

Occasional Visitor
but, I wonder why I could only add 40 rules, 3 VPNs and 37 WANs, if tried to add more than 40 rules the router wouldn't add it.

-router: RT-AC86U
-firmware: Merlin ver. 384.18
-Policy Rules (strict)

Thank you.

Because beside the number of items, there is also a limitation at the nvram storage level, which is in bytes rather than in number of entries. You will need to use shorter labels to save on nvram usage.

Because beside the number of items, there is also a limitation at the nvram storage level, which is in bytes rather than in number of entries. You will need to use shorter labels to save on nvram usage.

Thank you Merlin

I’ve tried what you suggested but, still I could only add 44 rules. Those rules were 2-character label, 9-digit source ip and (8~13)-digit destination ip.

May I ask you to increase the limitation at the nvram storage level so, I can fit these for 100 rules?

Label: 8 to13 characters
Source IP: 9 to12 digits
Destination IP: 13 digits plus "/" (I’m using CIDR)

I appreciate.

Last edited:
May I ask you to increase the limitation at the nvram storage level so, I can fit these for 100 rules?

I can't. I am bound by other limitations that only Broadcom could resolve.