What's new

Τhecus N2350 owners opinions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

R0m4nz0 Cr1min4l3

New Around Here
Greetings to the Forums and congrats on the great work done.

Maybe there's a thread opened already for that and please redirect me if so but i'd like some N2350 owners opinions since i'm thinking seriously on getting one.
So if possible chip in.
To clarify:
The reason i'm thinking of getting this unit is simply because i need a small seamless unit that's low powered,something to leave turned on for days if needed.
At the moment i do have some descent storage hardware to depend on so i'm not expecting much from this unit especially with this kind of specs and this price point.
I 'm not planning on doing anything fancy with it like backups,even setting up a RAID array or using it's apps thoroughly because i suspect that with this specs you can't do much plus i'm not that convinced that the Thecus OS is up for the task but all this are up to you to agree or not.
Iwas also thinking of getting the Zyxel NSA 326 but i'm leaning more towards the N2350 because of some extra goodies such as some enterprise features that will come in handy.
Any way i hope that day to day operations will run more smoothly than my previous QNAP TS-121 which lasted about 3 weeks.

Thanx in advance for your time.

Last edited:
From a quick search, it seems to have good hardware but a terrible user experience to set up and get going. How technically inclined are you?

Any NAS is intended to be left on, continuously. What is your actual use? If you have storage already, is this just backup?

I would recommend at least a RAID1 array on any storage unit with 'backup' intentions. I would also recommend 4 Bays or more, even if you just filled two of those bays today (hopefully, the os will allow you to add drives to the existing array too).

What issues did you have with that single drive QNAP? What needs will the new NAS satisfy?

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas...n2350-home-soho-nas-reviewed?showall=&start=1

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/thecus-n2350-home-soho-nas-reviewed.40749/

Many thanx for the reply,
and wow your questions are right on the money , a conversation stimulator:) and deep thanx for your recommendations.
Well after giving a search my self i totally agree with you on the good hardware and the bad user experience on the setup part.
I'd say that i am quite technically inclined because i've been working as an IT for a few years now if that's what you mean but on the other hand that doesn't mean that every piece of hardware is always straight forward to setup or deal with.The problem is that i don't have much time in my hands to spend on this toy, pity but...i don't need this kind of frustration right now.
Anyway a usage scenario is to just make it a storage extension/expansion for an isolated virtual machine i use for testing which doen't mess with the rest of the ''infrastracture'' so to speak.I already have a 8 bay home storage server on a RAID 5 array configuration and for now i'd like to keep things separate.
Just pop in a hard disk that's lying around maybe experiment play a bit and that's mostly it.
Now i bought the QNAP as soon as it came out i think?It's been several years.It had all the bells and whistles i needed at the time (AD Integration,WOL and the likes).
To be honest it was very easy and straight forward to setup,even upgrading the firmware was a breeze.And then i started playing around with it.I remember giving a try on the transmission app but it was horrible because the unit did not have enough horsepower to handle the load?Anyway suddenly i started having issues accessing the unit and then i could not access it at all. After some troubleshooting i came to the conclusion that the lan port died on me :D.This was verified as well by QNAP support who refused to send me a replacement :cool: insisting that it was my fault that the lan port died ( excessive current o_O) and by the store i bought it from which finally fully refunded me after QNAP refused to.This left a bitter taste in my mouth so i just stopped messing about with NAS appliances.I had good fun though :).

Well that's a thought for sure and an inexpensive one but maybe i miss the frustration and the clunkiness :D lol.

Okay, here is something to keep you busy. :)

shutterstock_369967205-675x380.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!