What's new

This is why ASUS items are overpriced.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For a braided, low volume customized cable, this isn't extravagant. Try that for "overpriced":

• SHIELDED FROM INTERFERENCE: Made of 4 shielded twisted pair (STP) of copper wires with two RJ45 connectors on each end. Compared to the Cat 6 network Ethernet cable, the additional shielding and improved quality in twisting of the wires provides better protection from crosstalk, noise, and interference that can degrade the signal quality
If I'm not mistaken, using this cable without properly grounded connections in both ends - which the product description makes no mention of - will cause more inference than going ahead with the cheapest UTP Cat7 certified cable you can find out there.

caveat emptor .... Gamers!

Anyone want to buy some "prime" land in Florida?

For a braided, low volume customized cable, this isn't extravagant. Try that for "overpriced":

$500? That's just a cheap cable.
Do you know about this company? There are a lot of thousands dollars cables for Audio fanatics. They are absolutely overpriced. But Audio fanatics believe it gives them better sound. :eek:
One of my friend spent over 1m for his Audio system. He is still spending the money for it.o_O Also he is spending a lot of money for Home Aquarium.
I understand him but...

Last edited:
They have figure out gamers will pay a premium to think they are getting a premium product. Goes right along with their gaming router!
How about these?
Gaming Switch.(Netgear was failed)
Gaming Ethernet Cable.
Gaming NIC.
Gaming NAS.
Gaming USB Cable.
Gaming Printer.
Gaming COVID Vaccine.
Gaming Hand Sanitizer.
Gaming N95 Mask.
Gaming Pencil.
Gaming Coke.
Gaming Shoes.
Gaming Multivitamins.
and
Gaming GF.:eek:
more...

Last edited:
How about these?
Gaming Switch.(Netgear was failed)
Gaming Ethernet Cable.
Gaming NIC.
Gaming NAS.
Gaming USB Cable.
Gaming Printer.
Gaming COVID Vaccine.
Gaming Hand Sanitizer.
Gaming N95 Mask.
Gaming Pencil.
Gaming Coke.
Gaming Shoes.
Gaming Multivitamins.
and
Gaming GF.:eek:
more...
Some of these already exist, for better or worse. But I'll take that last one! :)

I tend to agree. Now 299,99 would be a statement! :)

Last edited:
ASUS ROG Cat7 Ethernet Cable – 10 ft. $29.99
You gotta be kidding me.

I am sure, maybe after recovering the price of advertising, we may have a good deal here....
1651893358797.png

See it is used to plug a high priced laptop into a high priced router,, that has to add some value....., plus we got the cost of advertising.. (not serious)

o_O

@RMerlin , will you be supporting this in your firmware implementation? or is it too closed source.....

Clear Ethernet jack and clear cable jacket + bright RGB LED activity indicator at the bottom of the socket. The same on all ROG gear and you have an Ethernet cable with glow in the dark RGB ends. I'm surprised Asus didn't come with this idea already. Not hard to do and compatible with existing standards. Gamers will be happy.