What's new

This USB Ethernet Adapter is dead.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry to hear about your loss.

For the price, it seems like you got your money's worth out of it though. :)

I never liked dirty cheap! Like gambling with my money and my time. Roll the dice and take your chances at that end of the spectrum.

And I'm sure someone out there has the reverse story about the Plugable, too!

i've got a pluggable multi-function dongle thingy - usbc to hdmi/1000-base-T/usb A that I use with my macbooks and dell xps units - it's been fine, but it's not connected 24/7

They've gotten so much better in the past couple years. The Realtek 8156 chipset rocks; I have a Plugable branded one I use on my Macbook when at my desk and get pretty much wire speed 2.5G without any issues. There was a time when I would have hurled at the idea of using USB ethernet full time, yet here I am.

Of course Plugable used a white LED brighter than the sun for a link indicator for some reason, but that's not Realtek's fault. :)

I like plugable. I've used their usb to serial cables for years. I did have to get a new cable when going from windows 7 to 10.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!