What's new

Thoughts about Zyxel SF302-08Pp?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nikleb

Regular Contributor
I am looking for a 8 port POE switch.
Came across the Zyxel GS1920-8HPv2. However, I don't find any reviews on it. Just wondering what to expect.

Last edited:
A few issues here. First, if the model number is accurate, then it's a Cisco SF-302-08PP in question, not a Zyxel. That said, it's also end-of-sale, and has been supplanted by newer gigabit versions in both layer 2 (SG250) and layer 3 (SG350). Funny enough, I'm showing the SG350-10P as cheaper (~$188 Amazon), a great deal, and you can run it in L2 mode if you wish. For 8-10 ports and PoE, it's probably the best bang for the buck in its segment right now. That's the route I'd go if I were you.

My apologies. Must have mixed up during copy/paste when researching. My question was about Zyxel GS1920-8HPv2
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9X72VR/?tag=snbforums-20
https://www.zyxel.com/us/en/products_services/8-24-48-port-GbE-Smart-Managed-Switch-GS1920-Series/

I was looking for a switch that has integrated PSU. Like the "clean" installation. Was looking at a UBNT, but those appear to have quality issues due to running hot. But I have no experience with Zyxel switches.

The Cisco might be a nice alternative

The Cisco SF switches were fast Ethernet,100 meg. so they are old. The Cisco SG switches are good switches and they are at least a gig switch with some of them with 10 gig up link ports.

@nikleb: Gotcha. The GS1920 v1's are pretty good web-managed switches that tend to be about as solid as the Cisco SG's. I'd say their biggest knock is the somewhat clunky web interface. The v2's have a supposedly improved UI, but I personally can't confirm nor deny. They've also integrated NebulaFlex cloud connectivity, which may or may not be of interest or benefit. Since the v2's are new, you may see some fringe features, perhaps even a core feature or two, that's a bit buggy out of the gate, as tends to be the case with some Zyxel gateways I've used, so you might have to patch the running image a bit more than a more mature alternative. That said, I wouldn't feel the slightest bit concerned running one at home, and depending on the use-case, in a micro to small business, either.