What's new

AdGuardHome Thoughts on Adguardhome vs NextDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

Is AdguardHome being updated regularly, is it any good if not better than NextDNS?

Ive tried adguardhome on my AX56U and AC68U but it seemed to always hang but i have a new router now AX88U and currently using NextDNS

They are two different ways of achieving similar results. There are pros and cons to both.

If you travel around a lot, and/or are resource-constrained on your home router, I recommend NextDNS. If you don't want to spend a little money or are not comfortable having an outside party resolve and log your domains (and your router can afford the resources to do the resolving work for you), go with AGH.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, per se. Just stick with whatever suits your needs more appropriately.

Is AdguardHome being updated regularly, is it any good if not better than NextDNS?

Ive tried adguardhome on my AX56U and AC68U but it seemed to always hang but i have a new router now AX88U and currently using NextDNS
Well they can both do that. That AX88U is more than capable, and you have nothing to lose if you want to give AGH another try.
I would tell you to try the Nextdns CLI. If it has given you enough headache, then maybe AdGuardHome is the path you should have taken. Nothing is a better teacher than the lessons that are learned.