What's new

throughput on 2.4ghz channel keeps dropping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ct1615

Regular Contributor
I have owned a netgear nighthawk R6700 router version 3 for the last two years. My IPS provides 100Mbps down and 35 Mbps up which I receive in full on the 5ghz channel and hardwired. On the 2.4ghz channel I might receive 1/10 (or less) of that performance. Once I re-boot the router the 2.4ghz performance goes back to 100/35 Mbps performance but after several days throughput drops back to 1/10 of the standard performance until I perform another re-boot. I have not added any new clients to my network in years. Anyone have any ideas to the issue?

Congestion on the 2.4GHz? In my area only 1 other network and I stuggle to get more than about 50mbps over 2.4ghz. 2.4 is for range not speed

Sorry for the delayed response. It's not the lack of performance of the 2.4ghz its the basic shut down of it. I'm lucky if I'm getting 3Mbps down and less then 1Mbps up when my laptop is six feet from the router. I reboot the router and I'm up to 80/20 up and down. Twenty four hours I'm lucky if I get 3/1 again. Ive repeated this process a dozen times.