What's new

Time Limits and quotas

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snakyjake

New Around Here
Do any of the routers or mesh networks have time limit controls for user/device?

I want to setup time limits for my kids, and allocate daily quotas. [screen time limits]

Most of the routers have scheduling and filtering, but not usage limits.

Thanks.

Do we have to go thru this again?

Technology is not a baby sitter - be a good parent and go outside of tech to solve that issue...

FWIW - there might be some controls with some of the devices, but remember, a determined kid can, and most definitely will, find a way around it...

Do we have to go thru this again?
Indeed. Why is it that every time someone asks a technical question regarding parental controls people feel compelled to lecture them on "the correct way" of bringing up their children, despite knowing absolutely nothing about their particular circumstances.

I thought this was a technical forum not mumsnet.com. :D

Indeed. Why is it that every time someone asks a technical question regarding parental controls people feel compelled to lecture them on "the correct way" of bringing up their children, despite knowing absolutely nothing about their particular circumstances.

Because basically there is no right answer here - and that is a horse that is truly beaten...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!