What's new

Time Machine problems with 384.9

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nik729

New Around Here
Upgrading to 384.9 seems to have broken the Time Machine server with my AC88U. Time Machine has been relatively stable and reliable the last few years attached to the USB 3 port of my 88U with 2 Macs backing up to the same drive.

After upgrading to 384.9, both Macs initially would stall after less than 200 Mb of backing up every time. Eventually I got 1 Mac to backup but never another laptop hard wired or wireless even after changing hard drives, router factory resets, etc.

Finally I reverted back to 384.8_2 straight from 384.9 without resetting the router and both backed up fine (with huge backups because I ended up reformatting the drives during my troubleshooting).

I know the Time Machine through the ASUS is not the most bullet proof backup solution but it has worked for non critical backups and I am just throwing this out there if others have had problems or not and if so to get it on the radar for a possible fix in future firmwares.

Yes, manual install and manual minimal config. I don't use config files since my router setup is pretty close to stock on most settings anyway.

I have the same problem on a AC5300 router. So it seems that there is a bug somewhere in the 384. 9. I also tested the 384.10 beta version and I have the exact problem.

I have the same problem on a AC5300 router. So it seems that there is a bug somewhere in the 384. 9. I also tested the 384.10 beta version and I have the exact problem.
i am using the same version but with a ax88 and time machine is working great

i have 3 machines backing up all different versions of macosx

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!