What's new

Time Schedule Issue - 1 hour off

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spokey

Occasional Visitor
I see a number of threads indicating that the parental controls / time scheduling is part of proprietary stuff so maybe this is just an asus issue.

Merlin Firmware Version:384.7_2
Router RT-AC86U

I noticed that the block / enable times were a little funny so I did some testing. It appears that it is an hour off. As if it is still on DST.

All but the final test the below was done shortly before noon today EST.
And I did check the time. The display above the Time Scheduling grid for a particular device is accurate.

At about 11:45AM I enabled a PC from 10AM to 6PM. The PC can access the internet. I blocked the 11-12 block. Still have access. Blocked more; from 10AM to 2PM. Now the PC is blocked. I unblocked one hour at a time until I was left with the 12-1PM. The PC was still blocked. I unblocked that one hour then reblocked and got access then blocked respectively. I repeated blocking / unblocking after 12PM to see if there was any AM/PM differences in its working and found there was still a one hour difference. At 12:10PM, the 12~13 does not block while 13~14 does block*.

* and praying that someone doesn't answer the question with I'm too stupid to reading 24 hour clock format<g>

Have you rebooted the router since the time change? I have the same issue after every time change which the reboot corrects.

Your time zone settings (and associated day light savings settings) are likely not set properly
As best I can tell everything is set right. I am in NJ/USA and below are my settings. I don't see anywhere where you would turn DST on / off so. The dates were odd when I got the router which caused me some confusion until I fixed them

Actually the settings aren't below. Is there some way to upload a snap shot? I only see a URL / image. No browse for a jpg on my pc type of thing

Have you rebooted the router since the time change? I have the same issue after every time change which the reboot corrects.

Thanks. That may have done it. I'll be checking a couple times tomorrow to test it but I think the reboot did it

make sure DST time zone are set correctly
dst setting.png

It shows the correct time and has

* Daylight savings time is enabled in this time zone.

Interesting I could copy/paste everything in that area except for the actual time.

I've tested at about 5 or 6 times at different times switch allow/block points and the reboot seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm thinking of changing my DST settings to test the theory that the switch mucked things up. But I'm doing some all day volunteer training right now so it might be mid-Dec before I get to it.

But the question is whether it's worth it? Is this likely to be something fixable or part of proprietary stuff that Merlin can't fix?