What's new

Time setting issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DrTeeth

Using the latest Merlin firmware, 3.0.0.4.270.26b. The comments below are NOT meant to be critical of the Merlin firmware at all, but the Asus code on which it is based.

It is a real pain to set the correct time. When I eventually get the time to be correct (having to manually fiddle with the DST settings*) the time is off in the logs by about an hour. It is not a major issue for me but I cannot see how the correct system time can result in a wrong log timestamp. I need the time to be correct so I can use the parental controls.

Thanks to Merlin's excellent support, I can set the time with his supplied command. It would be nice to be able to set it manually and take NTP out of the equation, at least for testing.

*These are less than intuitive as I cannot find what day '0' is. Could not a calendar system with regular dates be used?

The latest Asus beta (3.0.0.4.354) lists "Wireless time control related bugs" as one of the fixes, so I these time issues will be easier to manage.

Regards

DrT

DST Issues

I previously reported this problem. I live in an area where we don't observe DST.

What I had to do is set up a manual DST rule. DST now occurs on from 11PM on December 5 and last to Midnight when I go back to standard time. You may also need to try a different GMT location to get the results you want. In my case there were three geographical locations for GMT -4. Depending on the location's latitude a location may or may not observe DST or start it on the same dates.

My logs are now correct, system time is correct and my radios turn off at the correct time every night.

Hope this helps until this issue is resolved in the firmware.

I have the system time correct and that is the best I can do at the moment. I did have to mess with the DST settings but it is a shame that something so simple should be so convoluted.

I have to deal with the change to DST in a couple of days, should be fun ;).

Take care and Happy Easter.

DrT

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!