What's new

Time to retire 3200?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zaxcom

Regular Contributor
I have a 3200 running the latest and most likely last version of Merlin it can run. It works fine but I wonder if it’s time to upgrade if for nothing more than staying up to date on security patches? I have 26 devices both wired and wireless on my network. I run Diversion ntpmerlin and uidivstats.

My internet is 400/20 and the 3200 handles it without issue. I am also concerned about the overall lifetime of the router as it’s components age and caps dry out.
I really like having three bands of WiFi and I use that to divide up my devices based on priority for speed and isolation. So any replacement probably needs to be tri-band too.

So what are your thoughts?

I have replied in your other thread. Cross-posting identical questions is not something that is encouraged (on almost all forums).

Ask a mod to delete this one. :)

I have replied in your other thread. Cross-posting identical questions is not something that is encouraged (on almost all forums).

Ask a mod to delete this one. :)
I actually asked to delete the other thread as this is a more appropriate forum.

Not if you want a router with RMerlin firmware. :)

Asus without RMerlin firmware is just 'any other router' to me. :)

I have a 3200 running the latest and most likely last version of Merlin it can run. It works fine but I wonder if it’s time to upgrade if for nothing more than staying up to date on security patches? I have 26 devices both wired and wireless on my network. I run Diversion ntpmerlin and uidivstats.

My internet is 400/20 and the 3200 handles it without issue. I am also concerned about the overall lifetime of the router as it’s components age and caps dry out.
I really like having three bands of WiFi and I use that to divide up my devices based on priority for speed and isolation. So any replacement probably needs to be tri-band too.

So what are your thoughts?

Look to Asus tri-band WiFi 6e routers as they arrive with Asuswrt-Merlin AiMesh 2.0 support, if you can hold out that long.

OE

@OzarkEdge that is what I basically said to do too (in the other thread that was deleted). :)

Yep looks like I should wait until 6e comes out. If I am going to drop a few hundred bucks may as well be the latest technology.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!