What's new

Time zone change?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DaveMishSr

Very Senior Member
OK with the rollback to Standard Time comes this issue. My AC3100 thinks it's in the Alaskan Time Zone instead of the Pacific. So instead of UTC -8 it instead thinks it's in UTC -9. It has to be due to the fact that the router isn't recognizing the time change. So that time zone reflects the actual time in my time zone even though the system time doesn't coincide with actual UTC -9.

Wassup with that?

Default was still set to last sunday of Oct.

Starting in 2007, most of the United States and Canada observe DST from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November,

Once I change it, I haven't had issue with it.
Untitled.png

Didn't read the link, but those software engineers must be idiots. You always store time in UTC, not local time. So DST is irrelevant. Converting it from UTC to local (if necessary) for reports and such is trivial and up to the report generator application.

I know...

Keep in mind that many of the app developers in this space are VB/Windows .net stuff - not the sharpest end of the spear there...

Reactions: JDB
Default was still set to last sunday of Oct.

Starting in 2007, most of the United States and Canada observe DST from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November,

Once I change it, I haven't had issue with it.
View attachment 15001
Oh for crying out loud! I didn't notice the default was set to the 2nd Sunday in November. Thank you for pointing that out. All is well now. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!