1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Time zone change?

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by DaveMishSr, Nov 4, 2018.

1. DaveMishSr

DaveMishSr Very Senior Member

OK with the rollback to Standard Time comes this issue. My AC3100 thinks it's in the Alaskan Time Zone instead of the Pacific. So instead of UTC -8 it instead thinks it's in UTC -9. It has to be due to the fact that the router isn't recognizing the time change. So that time zone reflects the actual time in my time zone even though the system time doesn't coincide with actual UTC -9.

Wassup with that?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

4. indark

indark Regular Contributor

Default was still set to last sunday of Oct.

Starting in 2007, most of the United States and Canada observe DST from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November,

Once I change it, I haven't had issue with it.
    Untitled.png

5. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

6. Ronald Schwerer

Ronald Schwerer Senior Member

Didn't read the link, but those software engineers must be idiots. You always store time in UTC, not local time. So DST is irrelevant. Converting it from UTC to local (if necessary) for reports and such is trivial and up to the report generator application.

7. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

I know...

Keep in mind that many of the app developers in this space are VB/Windows .net stuff - not the sharpest end of the spear there...

JDB likes this.
  8. DaveMishSr

Oh for crying out loud! I didn't notice the default was set to the 2nd Sunday in November. Thank you for pointing that out. All is well now. :)

9. DaveMishSr

A close relative is in healthcare IT. Speak not of time changes. They hate it. It's not just the in house people, it's the vendors too.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!