What's new

Topology recommendation 2xBlue Cave + 1xR7000 Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayone

Occasional Visitor
Howdy.

HW:
  1. 1 x TD-W9970 TPLink
  2. 1 x TG-789 Technicolor
  3. 1 x R7000 with Merlin + AB-Solution/Diversion + 2 x VPN
  4. 2 x Asus Blue Cave
  5. <10 5Ghz devices
  6. >40 2.4Ghz devices... Sonoff-Tasmota, light switches, lights, cameras, TVs, nanoleaf, etc...
  7. 2 x PC wired, 1 x NAS wired
Currently I use the TPLink as a modem and the R7000 as my main router. The R7000 has Diversion and 2xOpen VPN which are 2 essential services. The Blue Caves should handle VPN but not ad blocking. I frequently connect to the TPLink directly to bypass ad blocking bcos some referral sites don't work if blocked. But I usually have everything ad blocked.

I bought the Blue Cave's bcos my Marantz SR6010 AVR Wifi stopped working, and I figured it would be an idea to wire it to a Mesh satellite, and that kind of lead me to AiMesh, and then I figured I could also wire the HTPC and TV to the satellite.

How would you setup your network given the available HW?
Through put and reduced latency should be a consideration.

Thanks.

PS: LOVE Diversion and Merlin.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is allowed to discuss Asuswrt based RMerlin firmware on non-Asus routers because of legalities.

I don't think anyone is allowed to discuss Asuswrt based RMerlin firmware on non-Asus routers because of legalities.
We're not discussing it, I just need the functionality it provides on my network... this is a topology recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.