1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Topology recommendation 2xBlue Cave + 1xR7000 Merlin

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by rayone, Jun 20, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayone

rayone Occasional Visitor

Howdy.

HW:
    1. 1 x TD-W9970 TPLink
    2. 1 x TG-789 Technicolor
    3. 1 x R7000 with Merlin + AB-Solution/Diversion + 2 x VPN
    4. 2 x Asus Blue Cave
    5. <10 5Ghz devices
    6. >40 2.4Ghz devices... Sonoff-Tasmota, light switches, lights, cameras, TVs, nanoleaf, etc...
    7. 2 x PC wired, 1 x NAS wired
    Currently I use the TPLink as a modem and the R7000 as my main router. The R7000 has Diversion and 2xOpen VPN which are 2 essential services. The Blue Caves should handle VPN but not ad blocking. I frequently connect to the TPLink directly to bypass ad blocking bcos some referral sites don't work if blocked. But I usually have everything ad blocked.

I bought the Blue Cave's bcos my Marantz SR6010 AVR Wifi stopped working, and I figured it would be an idea to wire it to a Mesh satellite, and that kind of lead me to AiMesh, and then I figured I could also wire the HTPC and TV to the satellite.

How would you setup your network given the available HW?
    Through put and reduced latency should be a consideration.

Thanks.

PS: LOVE Diversion and Merlin.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

I don't think anyone is allowed to discuss Asuswrt based RMerlin firmware on non-Asus routers because of legalities.

3. rayone

rayone Occasional Visitor

We're not discussing it, I just need the functionality it provides on my network... this is a topology recommendation.

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.