What's new

Torrents on RT-AC87U running latest Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

knfevg

New Around Here
Hello Everybody,
Until now I've been running Transmission BT Client on my old ReadyNas RN-104. All worked fine besides the issue that the CPU couldn't handle speeds over 10MBps (I'm still investigating it, maybe there is a solution but for now that's the situation, the CPU gets to 100% when speed hits ~10MBps). I want to see if I can get better results by running a BT client on the router but saving the downloads to NAS (the read/write speeds of the NAS over 1Gbe are about 40MBps). When I download to a computer I can get to 35-45MBps in torrents (the Internet link is 500Mbps/10Mbps). Will the router be able to handle this together with it's regular tasks?

Hello Everybody,
Until now I've been running Transmission BT Client on my old ReadyNas RN-104. All worked fine besides the issue that the CPU couldn't handle speeds over 10MBps (I'm still investigating it, maybe there is a solution but for now that's the situation, the CPU gets to 100% when speed hits ~10MBps). I want to see if I can get better results by running a BT client on the router but saving the downloads to NAS (the read/write speeds of the NAS over 1Gbe are about 40MBps). When I download to a computer I can get to 35-45MBps in torrents (the Internet link is 500Mbps/10Mbps). Will the router be able to handle this together with it's regular tasks?

I wouldn't bother using up the router cpu cycles for this.

Do the torrents on the PC and leave the router to route network traffic.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with you. That is also correct for the NAS - let is serve storage and now download torrents... But I don't have another computer to spare, or mostly dont want to take up space, just to download torrents...
Just got a thought, would an old Rpi be a lento handle torrents at 500Mbps?

Yeah, I agree with you. That is also correct for the NAS - let is serve storage and now download torrents... But I don't have another computer to spare, or mostly dont want to take up space, just to download torrents...
Just got a thought, would an old Rpi be a lento handle torrents at 500Mbps?
A pi will be fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!