What's new

TP-Link AC2600 unable to connect to RT-AX88U with firmware 386.1. Works with 384.19

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andrepaul

New Around Here
When I bought the Rt-AX88U, I was unable to connect my TP-Link AC2600 range extender with the router using the original Asus firmware. I heard of Merlin firmware so I decided to replace the original firmware with Merlin rel. 384.19. Bingo, all was working perfectly. Yesterday I noticed there was a new firmware release (386.1) so I installed it but doing but my TP-Link AC2600 stopped working. I had to go back to firmware 384.19 to get it back online.
Anyone can tell me what changed in the new firmware causing my range extender to stop working?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums @Andrepaul.

About a million things changed. :)

Security fixes, possibly updated drivers, newer methods for Wi-Fi compliance, AiMesh v2.0, etc. (see changelogs for some of the details - see GitHub for more).

Edit: the complete post was interrupted as I was rebooting the customer's router. :)

Changelog | Asuswrt-Merlin (asuswrt-merlin.net)

GitHub - RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng: Third party firmware for Asus routers (newer codebase)

A full/proper reset may help.

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

Last edited:
Repeater don't seem to behave well on all 386 that I've tested. Had many log messages (paraphrasing) about not able to assign IP to (client MAC) since it isn't a AiMesh client. Sorry, logfiles have rolled-over so I can't quote it verbatim.