What's new

TP-Link AX3000 "unable to load firmware"?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob-de-noob

New Around Here
Hi all. I'm getting "unable to load" messages when trying to upgrade from stock firmware to merlin.

HW: TP-Link Archer AX-3000
Firmware version(s) attempted: RT-AX58U_386.3_beta3, RT-AX58U_386.3_0

I see that the stock firmware, supplied by TP-Link is signed. My current guess is that the firmware updating sw prevents loading unsigned binaries...

Halp?

The Merlin firmwares are for specific Asus routers. Even if the components of a different brand of router were the same/similar, it's almost certainly not possible/desirable to load an Asus firmware onto a none Asus router. Merlin firmware contains licensed code which would be in breach of license if used on a none-Asus router.

*More than prepared to be wrong on this - but I believe the above to be roughly correct!

Hi all. I'm getting "unable to load" messages when trying to upgrade from stock firmware to merlin.

HW: TP-Link Archer AX-3000
Firmware version(s) attempted: RT-AX58U_386.3_beta3, RT-AX58U_386.3_0

I see that the stock firmware, supplied by TP-Link is signed. My current guess is that the firmware updating sw prevents loading unsigned binaries...

Halp?
Do you even see your hardware supported in the list?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!