What's new

TP-Link AXE5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ZeroKühl

New Around Here
Links:

TP-Link
Costco

This is new at Costco, and only available there now. It is ~$350 for three APs. Sorry I’m not good with hardware specs, but are these worth splurging on? I need reliable Wi-Fi 6 to replace a formerly reliable Orbi system. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums @ZeroKühl.

TP-Link? For $350? No.

From Costco? Allowing returns for 6 months plus? Maybe worth trying (but note that your time is worth something too).

But I wouldn't waste too much time on this if it hiccups even once, it would be returned immediately.

The immediate concern is that TP-Link issues new models regularly and drops support for them in as little as 6 months. Not what I would spend $350 on.

Links:

TP-Link
Costco

This is new at Costco, and only available there now. It is ~$350 for three APs. Sorry I’m not good with hardware specs, but are these worth splurging on? I need reliable Wi-Fi 6 to replace a formerly reliable Orbi system. Thanks in advance.
What's your current system and what are your goals? How big of a space are you trying to cover?

I use a Zyxel NWA210AX and it covers 1300+ sq ft with AX and I can hit internal speeds of up to 1.5gbps. These are on Amazon for $180/ea and 2 of them would be better than the TPL setup for about the same price.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!