What's new

TP-Link the stupid company

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
Whenever I see one of my nics I feel TP-Link is just a stupid company.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09VCVTJV2/?tag=snbforums-20
They say it supports Bluetooth 5.3.
BUT.
txe75e.jpg

What's the problem with Bluetooth?

Packaging problem. Very bad company. Don't buy this adapter. Horrible. Disgusting. Feel better now? :)

Last edited:
It's not a stupid company , it's the people that don't read the information correctly.
They clearly state that version and features are dependent on region.
Some regions get different firmware / hardware , Bluetooth 5.2 in the UK and in other places Bluetooth 5.3.

Last edited:

IMPORTANT: Model and hardware version availability varies by region. Please refer to your TP-Link regional website to determine product availability.

IMPORTANT: Model and hardware version availability varies by region. Please refer to your TP-Link regional website to determine product availability.
I have US version. It shows me 5.2 instead of 5.3 on the box.

This adapter also has V1, V2, V2.6 and V2.8 revisions. Not sure what revision is the box on picture. Scandalous. :)

What's dumber is over paying for an Intel card that's been dressed up and sold by another company.
That's right. This card is overpriced compared with other cards. Other cards are around $30. It's $59.99 for now. But normal price is $79.99. I paid $79.99.:eek:

This adapter also has V1, V2, V2.6 and V2.8 revisions. Not sure what revision is the box on picture. Scandalous. :)
V2.8. You don't have this card right? Everybody is complaining it's not 5.3 at Amazon reviews. Also older revisions were 5.2 on the box instead of 5.3.
How I know? I have some of them.

Last edited:
I have no intention to buy this card nor the ones for $30. I don't care what Bluetooth it has. Amazon reviews are written by highly skilled professionals. You better read Amazon reviews for everything you buy in order to avoid critical life-changing mistakes like purchasing this card.

I have no intention to buy this card nor the ones for $30. I don't care what Bluetooth it has. Amazon reviews are written by highly skilled professionals. You better read Amazon reviews for everything you buy in order to avoid critical life-changing mistakes like purchasing this card.
So it means you know nothing about it correct? Then, stay away. Why so serious?o_O Are you from the same region where TP-Link comes from?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I’m guessing it’s just an Intel AX210 like @Tech Junky pointed out (seems some of the customers on Amazon checked under the heat plate) like a lot of cards online. Bluetooth 5.2/5.3 discrepancy would also just be due to drivers now supporting 5.3 changes. Starting with driver version 22.140.0 the AX210/211/411 are 5.3 compliant. A pcie adapter + AX210 separately will generally cost less than most of these third party rebadges.

Last edited:
Read again @AndreiV and @avtella posts above and decide what to do - get the more expensive adapter from this "stupid" TP-Link company or similar generic adapter from "smart" Xianghxi company for $30, both using the same hardware and drivers from 3rd supplier. It's your call. As usual you jump into conclusions before doing your own research. Let us know how the things are going with the "smart" company adapter.

V2.8. You don't have this card right? Everybody is complaining it's not 5.3 at Amazon reviews. Also older revisions were 5.2 on the box instead of 5.3.
How I know? I have some of them.

Why have you bought several if you hate them, and you're aware that amazon reviews say it is not 5.3?

What is it about BT 5.3 you need?

What's dumber is over paying for an Intel card that's been dressed up and sold by another company.

I tend to agree - most of these add-in boards are PCI-e adapters with an Intel card...

With WiFi 6/6e clients, there's definitely been a shortage of chipset vendors stepping in... so we're basically in a mono-culture of Intel Clients, and not everyone can drop in a PCI-e or M2 card for their computer.

@TheLostSwede - yeah, I realize that Intel isn't the only solution out there - but Realtek, Mediatek kind of missed an opportunity for USB and PCI-e chipsets.

Not just those two, but QCA and Broadcom could have stepped in with solutions here as well...

Why have you bought several if you hate them, and you're aware that amazon reviews say it is not 5.3?

What is it about BT 5.3 you need?
1. I didn't read Amazon review before I bought it.
2. I feel lower interference for headsets, earphones, speakers. I have 5.0 to 5.3. I don't feel any difference for sound but for interference.

Read again @AndreiV and @avtella posts above and decide what to do - get the more expensive adapter from this "stupid" TP-Link company or similar generic adapter from "smart" Xianghxi company for $30, both using the same hardware and drivers from 3rd supplier. It's your call. As usual you jump into conclusions before doing your own research. Let us know how the things are going with the "smart" company adapter.
Smart companies never use old boxes from the warehouse. Let me ask you something. Who are us? Do you have a family in here?

Last edited:
Your experience is different from me. You are different from me. Me? I don't usually buy items from never heard of. Because they are already disappeared when I need to contact them. It's so hard or impossible to contact them for customer service. That's why I pay more money and buy items from well known brands. I don't care $20 difference for the same chipset. But I do care quality and support. Why you guys buy ASUS routers instead of TP-Link? TP-Link is way cheaper than ASUS. Why you buy ASUS?
Why don't you guys buy never heard of routers from China? Those routers are so cheap. Why don't you buy them?