What's new

TPLink AV2000-what should I do with 4th Unit from 2nd pair?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wolfeman

New Around Here
First, thank you all for years and years of helpful info...

I have an Asus AiMesh setup in my house 5300 feeding two 68us...wall are thick and created issues with wireless communication between devices. I originally used some AV500s for wired backhaul but kept having issues with them locking up at and needing to be reset at the most inopportune times...argh.

Did some research and got the LanPort2000 set as well as the TPLINK 9020p kit to test back to back...TP link won with speeds consistently over 200-300Mbps and a much better app to see link speeds etc.

I only really need 3 of the AV2000s for my setup, what are your thought on using the 4th one in a room between my sending unit and the room with the slowest speeds and not connecting it to anything? Will the 800Mbps connection between the 3rd (problem room) and the 4th (next bedroom over and nothing connected to lan port) help me or hurt me overall? That 4th one is also showing a 600Mbps connection to the 2nd AV2000....the sender unit is in room over garage and the farthest away from the other 3...

Thanks for the help and advise!

JW

I don't think it would hurt or help the existing ones. I'm still using some Netgear 500av nano units and recently saw a slow down in speed at the other end of the house--don't know why. And when I moved the unit that connects to the Ethernet jack (whole house is wired) closer to the slow down side of the house, everything went back to normal. I would have thought that the other end of the house would have dropped in speed, but it didn't miss a beat. Try it out and let us know!

I only really need 3 of the AV2000s for my setup, what are your thought on using the 4th one in a room between my sending unit and the room with the slowest speeds and not connecting it to anything

If it doesn't have any Layer2 traffic to send, the HPAV2 polling will pass it by...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!