What's new

trading up from an rt ac 88 u to an rx 88

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I am thinking , more drooling, about trading up from my Asus rt ac 88 u to an Assus rt ax 88 u and noticed that amazon will trade in / purchase routers for gift credit.Has anyone had any experience with this sort of transaction with amazon? Is it worth looking into or do they expect to pay in peanut credit?

I am thinking , more drooling, about trading up from my Asus rt ac 88 u to an Assus rt ax 88 u and noticed that amazon will trade in / purchase routers for gift credit.Has anyone had any experience with this sort of transaction with amazon? Is it worth looking into or do they expect to pay in peanut credit?
You will probably be disappointed with what you'll get for trade-in.

Why are you "drooling" to upgrade? What do you expect the AX88U will do for you?

You will probably be disappointed with what you'll get for a trade-in.

Why are you "drooling" to upgrade? What do you expect the AX88U will do for you?
My rt ac is about three years old and has always been used daily, mainly for streaming but probably for ten to fifteen hours a day. Lately, I have been having problems with slow VPN connection speed and bandwidth. Ok, I know not all if any of these problems will be addressed with a new router but I have read about the NAT Xcelerator combined with the CPU I was hoping it would help with my VPN speed. Do you think I am being a bit hopeful?

I admit I don't really know a lot about the inner workings of routers but I do love the Asus rt 88 plus I don't really splurge a lot on myself so I thought why not. At best ill get the VPN speed I used to get and at worse ill have an rx for the family room and an rt for the bedroom and finally put the TP 1750 to rest.

Thanks to this forum(and all the gurus on it) I know a lot more than I did six months ago
Point taken about selling to Amazon I will just keep it regardless of whether i buy the ax or not. Thanks for the heads up

I think others have found on improvement in OpenVPN throughput from the AX88U.

Lately, I have been having problems with slow VPN connection speed and bandwidth

Why "lately"? Has your use of VPN increased (more simultaneous devices, higher application load)? Could be your VPN provider or endpoint has gotten busier....

I think others have found on improvement in OpenVPN throughput from the AX88U.

Why "lately"? Has your use of VPN increased (more simultaneous devices, higher application load)? Could be your VPN provider or endpoint has gotten busier....
I really don't know . When I turn the VPN off I can stream AU Netflix without issue. The only thing that has changed on my end is swapping from Optus (non-NBN) to TPG NBN but for the first six weeks with TPG I had no issues at all. It has to be either the router or the VPN company. I plan to try Torguard when my month runs out with express VPN to see if the problem persists. My money is on Express VPN but time will tell

Yes I know you do make a good point. I will know in a couple of weeks, express VPN s month ending then so I will way

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!