What's new

Traffic analyzer reduces download speed with ZTE F6005

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BailA

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I know I have a difficult ONT, namely the ZTE F6005. In fact, when I activate the traffic analyzer, the speedtests go from 2050 Mbps (dissative TF) to 1650 Mbps (active TF).
Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Yes, don't run speedtests from the router with Traffic Analyzer on. Or any other options that put a load on the router it can't handle at your full ISP speeds.

The more firmware features you have enabled the more impact on throughput you may notice. Home routers have RPi-like hardware (high-end models) and weaker (the rest). They all rely heavily on NAT acceleration techniques and can't process even 0.5Gbps without them. Different firmware features may affect different parts of NAT acceleration with some completely incompatible. If you activate Bandwidth Limiter on your Guest Network for instance your WAN-LAN throughput will go down to about 400Mbps. Traffic Analyzer in Asuswrt is not accurate, by the way.

So I can never use it?

Not if you want full speed.

Traffic analyzer, QoS, Aiprotection, parental controls, and a few other features will cut your throughput way down. Traffic analyzer isn't reliable anyway.

More than all the above, there are know (upload) speed issue with this firmware and ZTE 6005. These issues have been solved with 388.23012 and actual 388.23285 (and also beta 9.0.0.6.102.4856) but Merlin 388.2_2 is based on 388_22668 and still have the speed issue

More than all the above, there are know (upload) speed issue with this firmware and ZTE 6005. These issues have been solved with 388.23012 and actual 388.23285 (and also beta 9.0.0.6.102.4856) but Merlin 388.2_2 is based on 388_22668 and still have the speed issue
I forgot to mention that I have the Asus GT-AX6000. Could it be that it will be fixed in the next versions?