What's new

Traffic Analyzer sees the future?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
When I load Traffic Analyzer for today's date, it shows traffic in the future (it's 9:16 AM local time).

2022-08-04 09_14_55-Window.png

I suspect that Traffic Analyzer is having issues with the timezone since it's now 16:22 GMT now. The timezone is set to "GMT-08:00 Pacific Time (US, Canada)" and the times in the log file correctly reflects 09:22 local time, so the system has the correct timezone set.

The incorrect time is also reflected in Traffic Monitor

2022-08-04 09_28_41-Window.png

Interesting... Both Traffic Analyzer and Monitor show correct time here on the East Coast NYC area. Using Asuswrt.

Traffic Analyzer and Traffic Monitor uses JavaScripts to get your computer/phone's time through the browser, not the router's own time. Please check your computer time zone settings, or your browser has time zone spoofing enabled. (Tor Browser will do something like this to make everyone look like they're from the UK)

BTW, maybe you can try to find out today's lotto numbers through your router, maybe you have a router from the future, who knows ;)

That's it. For some reason LibreWolf returns '0' from getTimezoneOffset().

That's it. For some reason LibreWolf returns '0' from getTimezoneOffset().
This is a way LibreWolf and Tor browsers use to reduce fingerprinting. accept it, or switch to another browser for logging into your router, i'm sure that the router's web server won't collect your data :)

Read more: https://librewolf.net/docs/faq/#what-are-the-most-common-downsides-of-rfp-resist-fingerprinting

If you insist on using LibreWolf you can mitigate this by adding the router webgui to the whitelist (untested so I don't know if this mitigation will work):
https://librewolf.net/docs/faq/#should-i-allow-canvas-access-how-do-i-do-it

Last edited: