What's new

Traffic Analyzer - Statistics Not Working As Expected (68u running 380.68)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thetoadmonkey

New Around Here
The traffic analyzer "Statistic" tab on my Asus 68u router (running firmware 380.68) shows current traffic and daily traffic both as "0.00 Bytes". Conversely, the "Traffic Monitor" tab appears to be working as expected. I have tried to enable and disable the Statistic tab and have rebooted the router, but the issue persists. Any help is much appreciated.

Did you just turn it on? If so, there is a bit of lag before data starts showing up there. Try enabling it and leaving it alone for a day. For it to measure things properly, NAT acceleration does need to be disabled.

Thanks, MarkRH. NAT acceleration is disabled. I did just enable statistics. It was enabled, however, nothing was showing up so I toggled the switch off and back on. I will wait and hope the stats appear tomorrow.

I can't speak for Traffic Analyzer but the Traffic Monitor will correctly measure traffic with only CTF enabled. This is not the case though when both FA and CTF are enabled. In this case Traffic Monitor will NOT correctly measure traffic.

Still showing 0.00 Bytes for daily and current traffic on the Statistic tab (statistics have been now enabled for more than a day). I have used this feature successfully in the past with past firmware versions. I am not sure if this is a firmware issue or something else that may have changed?

I have just updated to 384.10.2 but traffic analyzer and statistics still not working. Tried to enable/disable all features several times, but no use.
I wouldn't want to reinstall the router from scratch, because I have a dozen of settings and folders on USB... If someone still has this problem and also a solution, please let me know. Thank you.

I have just updated to 384.10.2 but traffic analyzer and statistics still not working. Tried to enable/disable all features several times, but no use.
I wouldn't want to reinstall the router from scratch, because I have a dozen of settings and folders on USB... If someone still has this problem and also a solution, please let me know. Thank you.

From which firmware did you upgrade from? Without doing a full reset to factory defaults and then follow that with a minimal and manual install to secure the router and connect to your ISP, there is not much point trying to troubleshoot anything past the obvious. Too many possible interactions and miscommunications happening internally between inter-firmware settings, variables and changes of function for those items too.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

The above explains it well why a proper reset is needed.

To get your router to a good/known state and to begin proper debugging, please see the link in my signature below.

Hello and a Happy New Year 2U!

I finally had time during holidays to reset and reinstall my AC-68U router. I did all the steps as you suggested. I did the factory reset 2 times from the GUI, to make sure it really takes effect.

I flashed with the latest 384.14_0 - this was the latest available at the end of December. I did another factory reset from GUI. Then I restored settings only (not the backup) with that useful tool you mentioned in your post. I switched all traffic features off and then back on.

Now the situation is the same:
Traffic analyzer - Statistics is still empty even after a week of usage
QoS - Web history still empty

However, traffic data, bandwidth monitor are active and working.
Even those tomato traffic files are created in Tools - Other settings. But I don't know how to open or get any data ot of them - this is another story.

Please let me know if there is anything more I should do to get those features back.
Thank you in advance.
Cheers,

We now have 384.15 Merlin, this thread started in 2017 (3 years old).

Better to ask in recent Merlin thread (the one releated to the firmware you are using).

Last edited: