What's new

Traffic/devices being routed through VPN when not configured

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rn170uk

Occasional Visitor
I had some bizarre issues today which I can't seem to figure out. Need some help.....

My main VPN is IpVanish and only some devices on my network route through it. My TV does not.
Netflix suddenly dropped a load of "continue watching" programmes, which would typically indicate traffic going through VPN. I checked and the address wasn't in the list.
I then changed my connected server from one London server to another and both whatismyipaddress and speedtest.net, and ipvanish app on my phone said I was in California. My phone's isn't even set to go via VPN so how could traffic 'by default' be routed that way - plus, how can I change continents when choosing a UK server?

Any ideas? Is it time to completely clear down the config on my AC88U and start again?

I reset and reloaded my router today. No difference. In fact, now, it's even worse.
By default traffic is being routed via the VPN. This has caused our family facebook accounts to be locked, as traffic was being routed via VPN which has a geolocation issue (UK VPN - geolocation as USA).

I'm having to add every device I don't want to use the VPN to "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel" list and set to WAN.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!