What's new

traffic manager crazy numbers again 374.41 (Merlin build)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

speedbump

Regular Contributor
Last night I have loaded up the new 374.41 on the AC68U and wireless speed is awesome !

However my traffic manager reports:

ONLY in "Last 24h" or "Daily" or "Monthly" (realtime seems ok)

Date Reception Transmission Total
2014-04-23 787.48 GB 92.72 GB 880.20 GB

help, comments ?
anyone with this issue ?

Last edited:
Yes, I have the same issue on a RT-N16. Even tried the latest Asus firmware. Same thing happened. I wonder if is has something to do with being connected to my DSL Modem set up as a Transparent Bridge ?

Anyway I went back to firmware 374.35 and all is back to normal.

Hi... I also see the crazy usage reports now on Firmware:374.41 (Merlin build)

I thought maybe logfile was corrupt ... changed to a new clean log file (folder) which still was crazy ... and then also selected save to RAM and still is crazy.

Will probably go to an older version soon ~ this is the one page I actually look at regularly.

:confused:

For what is worth I also have the RT-N66U running 3.0.0.4.374.35_4-sdk5 (by Merlin) and it does NOT have this issue.

Strange I have .41 up 9 day's and I can't see this behave. Log show what I can see right values. I don't use H/W accelerator.

I am running RT-N66U and have been experiencing this issue for the last several releases. Might be a PPPoE thing. With a couple of releases (including .41) I tried a factory reset and only entered PPPoE and WiFi information (all other settings were by default) and even removed my start/stop scripts: made no difference. As mentioned in this thread even ASUS original and latest firmware has this issue. It is weird that they would not fix this for so long...

As far as I understand Merlin cannot reproduce the issue and I would be willing to run a special debug load to help with troubleshooting and/or colelect whatever information is needed to help. I am sure other users would be willing to help too.
I find these stats quite useful

those of you with problems, have you performed a factory reset in a while? no problems here

"those of you with problems, have you performed a factory reset in a while? no problems here"

Yep I did a factory reset on a N-16 after I uploaded to .41. Didn't help at all.
Like I said earlier going back to .35 fixed it. Not a big deal for me, just curious about what is causing it. I'll stay with .35 for now.

Yeah, me too (.41 on RT-N66U): reset to factory defaults several times already. Removed all my scripts, USB drive, and only configured PPPoE and Wireless. Wait for 10 min and compare the total transferred in the "Real Time" and "Lst 24 hours" pages: huge difference in the amount of traffic reported.

those of you with problems, have you performed a factory reset in a while? no problems here

Yes, did a factory reset on my RT-N66U after 374.40 flash. Also .39-EM had the same problem... No such problem before this release.

I'm using PPPOE connection. Weird numbers only on "internet" panel. See attached screen hardcopy of my "last 24 hours" situation... :eek:

Attachments

• 2014-04-27_232526.png
    2014-04-27_232526.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 282
Yes, did a factory reset on my RT-N66U after 374.40 flash. Also .39-EM had the same problem... No such problem before this release.

I'm using PPPOE connection. Weird numbers only on "internet" panel. See attached screen hardcopy of my "last 24 hours" situation... :eek:

Would that disappear if you pull out your WAN cable ?

anybody experiencing this that's NOT PPPoE while on .41?

Would that disappear if you pull out your WAN cable ?

I pulled the WAN cable on mine while on .41 and the crazy numbers did indeed stop.
It's beginning indeed to sound like a PPPoE issue. Maybe its recording the communication transfer between the router and modem ? Just a guess.
I'm on PPPoE , RT-n16 for what it's worth.

When I pulled the WAN cable, the usage is reported 0. Does not mean the problem is gone: you can do the same by disconnecting all the devices and/or stopping all internet activity. If there is any usage at all, the problem shows up again in the charts and the "Current" speed on the 24h chart is several times more than that in the real time chart. The usage is way off too. My 24h page looks like a bar chart with every next bar a bit higher

again, for those with issues while on .41;

hw accel on?

if it's off, QoS enabled?

IPv6 enabled?

.41 / RT-N66U

NAT Accelleration is off
QoS is off
IPv6 is disabled

I have tried to do factory reset from the "Restore/Save/Upload Setting" page and also by holding the reset button, also loaded latest asus firmware, did reset again and still error persists.