What's new

Traffic Manager - how to show ONLY Internet traffic?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Livin

Please let me know if this is possible and how to set it up. I looked at the different settings, not seeing how.

I need to show only data usage in/out from the internet router port... excluding traffic on my internal network.

Comcast is saying I'm going over my limit and I'm pretty sure I'm not.

thank you!

No local transfer are not stored in any brand router. As its free and no use. So what ever your router bw monitor says is internet traffic only

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Uh, I think the standard Asus traffic monitor should already be giving you exactly what you want? (Look at the bottom half of my avatar, that is the standard Asus Bandwidth monitor.)
  • Ethernet WAN (WAN) - all traffic to/from Internet (only)
  • Wired (Ethenet) - all traffic on Ethernet
  • Wireless (2.4) - all traffic on 2,4GHz
  • Wireless (5) - all traffic on 5GHz
Going over your "limit" could mean a couple things.
  • A monthly limit (common will cell phone carriers)
  • Your subscription rate/service, e.g., 50 mbps down / 5 mbps up
I think you're referring to your subscription rate. We will "always" exceed our subscription rate for some (short) burst of time. As above, we have a Gigabit Ethernet pipe dumping into a 5 mbps uplink (think funnel). For some short period in time that's normal. For some L-o-o-o-n-g period in time you might want to get a faster service. For file transfers longer is normal. For interactive or streaming l-o-o-o-ng may not be fun.

Run a few Internet Speed Tests on a quiescent network. Where the B/W monitor peaks / flat lines is your upper limit and should be close to your subscription rates.

ISPs will always tell you that you need more bandwidth. It's really great when you're the only one using the network and you're just browsing the Internet, getting horrible performance and your B/W monitor is showing almost no Internet utilization.

Traffic monitor then at the top right drop down select "Daily" and you will get a total of every days usage. Statistic tab will do the same thing and will also tell you what specific device used what amount of data.

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
I would recommend using the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware as there is an option to save your traffic history to a flash drive. With stock firmware the data is stored in ram and you will lose it if the router reboots. There is a monthly option which will most likely serve your needs well.

3wEgGPf.png