What's new

Traffic Monitor Daily Log is Always Blank

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gdp416

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AC66U B1 router and installed the latest ASUS firmware a couple months back.

In the "Traffic Analyzer" -> "Traffic Monitor", the "Real time" and "Last 24 hours" graphs/tables work perfectly. However, the "Daily" table does not update and says "No data in table" where it would normally have upload/download daily values.

This is new. This table has always updated in the past with uploaded/downloaded daily data. I've rebooted the router more than once, and that daily table is still blank. I'm not sure exactly when this started, but it was working in December, after I upgraded the firmware.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong? Is there some file that might be corrupted that the router can no longer write to? There are no errors in the "System Log" that would seem to be related to this.

Thanks for any help you might provide.

This Traffic Monitor is broken on all RT-AC68U variants and all 386 base firmware versions.

It often does in Last 24 Hours this:

1708202937328.png

And logs in Daily this:

1708203047487.png

Traffic Monitor working properly in the past for you and on this model router - it's a miracle. 🧙‍♂️

This Traffic Monitor is broken on all RT-AC68U variants and all 386 base firmware versions.

It often does in Last 24 Hours this:

And logs in Daily this:

View attachment 56514

Traffic Monitor working properly in the past for you and on this model router - it's a miracle. 🧙‍♂️
Yes, I've seen this spike many times. It started with a firmware from fall 2019. Those extreme numbers aren't always there. Sometimes I can go weeks without it happening. I think it has something to do with some glitch with a specific type of device connected. However, I really can't figure out which type of device causes it. The lack of daily monitoring however is new for me and I was hoping someone had seen it before or had an idea as to the possible cause.

On this specific router you have to investigate available NVRAM situation. RT-AC68U and variants have only about 10Kb NVRAM available after factory reset. If you notice glitches here and there, settings not saved or returned to defaults after reboot - this is the most likely case. I haven't seen the issue you are asking about, but I've seen strange behavior when NVRAM is full. Otherwise this model is extremely stable, more than some new NHD platform models. If your configuration is not very complicated - do factory reset, set the minimums and see if the glitch goes away. It's not something common or well known.