What's new

Traffic Monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Crawl71

New Around Here
Good Morning,

First off thought I would just say that this is a fantastic project and I'm very glad that I stumbled upon it. I do have a question though and after reading a lot of posts thought I would post this.

I am trying to setup Traffic Monitoring and seem to be having a bit of an issue getting the router to save the history to my USB.

Here is what I have done.

Selected 'Custom Location'
Save history location - '/mnt/'
Create or Reset data files - 'Yes'
Enable IPTraffic - 'Yes'
Create or Reset IPTraffic - 'Yes'
Monitor all IP's - 'Yes'

When I press the 'Apply' button, it does its thing but then the 'Create or Reset' fields revert back to 'no'. Also, when I try this and go back to the log, it is giving me an error saying that it can't access the USB. Are the two related and how to I correct this issue?

I am running the following;
Asus RT-N66U - 374.43

Thanks in advance for any help with this and of course sorry if I have left out any important details!

Selected 'Custom Location'
Save history location - '/mnt/'

This is the location where all disks are mounted. You have to select a disk inside /mnt/ (for example, /mnt/sda1/ would be the first USB disk).

Create or Reset data files - 'Yes'
Enable IPTraffic - 'Yes'
Create or Reset IPTraffic - 'Yes'
Monitor all IP's - 'Yes'

When I press the 'Apply' button, it does its thing but then the 'Create or Reset' fields revert back to 'no'.

This is normal, since it only needs to create/erase the database once. You don't want it to happen on every service restart or reboot.