What's new

Traffic on VPN Server via VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Luis Castillo

New Around Here
Hi,

I setup a VPN server in my AC3100. I set the option to redirect internet which works fine on my ISP connection. What I'd like is this redirection to utilize a VPN connection that's in place on the router and I haven't been successful. Is this possible?

Thank you

I got it to work by adding this custom line: push "redirect-gateway tun15"
I also added 10.8.0.0/24 to the VPN client routes

Unfortunately, no. Looks like my connection is still going through WAN and bypassing the VPN client

Did you enable Policy routing for the VPN Client instance with the appropriate OpenVPN server subnet(s) ?

That's what I was missing. After enabling the routing for the subnet, it worked. Thanks for your help!

Also, rather than hard-code the subnet/IP addresses in the Policy Rules GUI, I also find it useful to be able to exploit OpenVPN's Server client-connect script to dynamically add the 'passthru' routing based on the individual inbound connecting clients 'username' ;)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!