What's new

Transmission and EXT3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

beisat

New Around Here
Hi all

A few days ago, I decided I wanted to use my ac68u for using transmission. I installed Merlin and followed the guides for entware and then transmission. Works great so far.
Now I have 3 questions, for which I couldn't find real answer in the forum via search:
  1. Following the guide, I used ext3 for my HDD. Since then, using Samba or FTP to access it results in max. transfer speeds of 6 Mbit/s. The router CPU cores are both maxed out during this. Using NTFS before, I recall reaching the USB2 max. of about 25 Mbit/s. Is this working as it should?
  2. "/jffs/scripts/firewall-start" gives me no feedback. I still assume it worked, and way to verifiy this?
  3. Am I correct in the assumption that I've I ever want to get rid of all this, I can factory reset via "Initialize" and original FW and all my changes (including Transmission, Firewall etc.) will be gone?
Thanks and best regards!

Am I correct in the assumption that I've I ever want to get rid of all this, I can factory reset via "Initialize" and original FW and all my changes (including Transmission, Firewall etc.) will be gone?
No. The firmware's settings will be reset to the default values and things like the syslog and application history logs will be deleted. But the firmware version will remain the same (and need to be configured again) and the contents of any USB devices will be untouched.