1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Transmission and EXT3

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by beisat, Sep 20, 2018.

1. beisat

beisat New Around Here

Hi all

A few days ago, I decided I wanted to use my ac68u for using transmission. I installed Merlin and followed the guides for entware and then transmission. Works great so far.
    Now I have 3 questions, for which I couldn't find real answer in the forum via search:
    1. Following the guide, I used ext3 for my HDD. Since then, using Samba or FTP to access it results in max. transfer speeds of 6 Mbit/s. The router CPU cores are both maxed out during this. Using NTFS before, I recall reaching the USB2 max. of about 25 Mbit/s. Is this working as it should?
    2. "/jffs/scripts/firewall-start" gives me no feedback. I still assume it worked, and way to verifiy this?
    3. Am I correct in the assumption that I've I ever want to get rid of all this, I can factory reset via "Initialize" and original FW and all my changes (including Transmission, Firewall etc.) will be gone?
    Thanks and best regards!

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

No. The firmware's settings will be reset to the default values and things like the syslog and application history logs will be deleted. But the firmware version will remain the same (and need to be configured again) and the contents of any USB devices will be untouched.

amplatfus likes this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!