What's new

Transmission and QoS ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

noric

I'm trying to make Transmission (installed on the router with Entware) follow the QoS rules.
I've set a rule that involves all the traffic from the IP 192.168.1.1, but it doesn't work.
How can I intercept Transmission traffic in the QoS? Does the router have a MAC address?
Thanks.

AFAIK, QoS rules can be applied only to forwarded traffic from LAN-clients.

As I understand, we can affect to outbound traffic by using peer-socket-tos option (details). There is another option to lower p2p traffic priority — peer-congestion-algorithm, but it requires tcp_lp.ko kernel module.

Well, it looks like Transmission traffic is scanned by the QoS. Infact it automatically takes the "Low" priority (which is default if no QoS rule matches the traffic type). I would like to give it "Lowest" priority, though. But I can't, yet...

You may check by giving the "Low" priority a very low download bandwidth and then download something.

Well, it looks like Transmission traffic is scanned by the QoS. Infact it automatically takes the "Low" priority (which is default if no QoS rule matches the traffic type). I would like to give it "Lowest" priority, though. But I can't, yet...

You may check by giving the "Low" priority a very low download bandwidth and then download something.
Thanks for the checking. As for me, I'm not using any torrent clients on router for the long time, NAS do it nicely.

I had an idea.
Is there a way we could make an application-specific rule in the QoS? I mean, for applications that run on the router itself.
I think we could limit the maximum bandwidth of an application with the "tc" command. But what about assigning a priority?