What's new

Transmission autostart and FTP logs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ZxxZ

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I've been on the AC66U for a month now and I have to say it works really great for what I use it for.

I've been using Transmission on Entware and each time I restart my router (not that I do it a lot) I have to start Transmission manually through init.d. Not a big issue but I'll love to know what's happening. I've followed some solutions to no avail in trying to get it to auto start.

2ndly, as I'm using the FTP with a few family members, I would like to be able to view FTP access logs and all. How would I go achieving that? I've tried editing smb.conf but it doesn't work. I conclude that I might be doing it wrong though.

Would be glad to get any help.

Thanks!

I have no issue starting transmission from entware automatically, please post here your /jffs/services-start script

About ftp log, must be enabled in /etc/vsftpd.conf
Add modified vsftpd.conf to /jffs/configs/ and reboot

I have no issue starting transmission from entware automatically, please post here your /jffs/services-start script

About ftp log, must be enabled in /etc/vsftpd.conf
Add modified vsftpd.conf to /jffs/configs/ and reboot

In vsftpd.conf it's possible to set xferlog_enable=YES, but where does the ftp server put this log. Is it possible to put it on my usb drive?

According to the man-page for vsftpd.conf (found by googling "vsftpd.conf"):
By default, this file will be placed at /var/log/vsftpd.log, but this location may be overridden using the configuration setting vsftpd_log_file.

transmission doesn't start automatically

Hi.
I've the same problem with transmission not starting automatically after reboot, have you solved the problem?
thanks.

Try formatting the drive using a Linux live cd like Ubuntu rather than a windows tool that formats as ext.....I had the same issue and the only thing I did to get it to work was reformatting and copying back my script and applying the correct permissions again...weird but worked.

Try formatting the drive using a Linux live cd like Ubuntu rather than a windows tool that formats as ext.....I had the same issue and the only thing I did to get it to work was reformatting and copying back my script and applying the correct permissions again...weird but worked.
Thanks, it worked!