What's new

Voxel Transmission download folder help please

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blueliner

Hello,

I am running a Netgear R9000 with Voxel V1.0.4.48HF firmware and the 5.4b19 version of the Kamoj add-on. I have never used the Netgear Downloader or Transmission, but decided to give Transmission a try. It seems to work OK but the download folder reverts to the default after reboots...

I have a usb hard drive with two partitions (labeled opt, and data) connected to the R9000. The default download location for Transmission shows as: /tmp/mnt/sdb2/ and /tmp/mnt/sdb2/incomplete. This is the small "opt" partition. I would like to change these to /tmp/mnt/sdb1/Downloads and /tmp/mnt/sdb1/Downloads/incomplete. I can do that from the Transmission weg-gui available from the Kamoj menu. Torrents will download to the correct location and all is OK until the router reboots. After a reboot, the download locations switch back to the original defaults. I can restore the folder locations but the torrent files are then missing so I have to start downloading all over. Does anyone know how to change the default download locations and other settings so they will not be overwritten?

Thanks,

BL

Hello,

I am running a Netgear R9000 with Voxel V1.0.4.48HF firmware and the 5.4b19 version of the Kamoj add-on. I have never used the Netgear Downloader or Transmission, but decided to give Transmission a try. It seems to work OK but the download folder reverts to the default after reboots...

I have a usb hard drive with two partitions (labeled opt, and data) connected to the R9000. The default download location for Transmission shows as: /tmp/mnt/sdb2/ and /tmp/mnt/sdb2/incomplete. This is the small "opt" partition. I would like to change these to /tmp/mnt/sdb1/Downloads and /tmp/mnt/sdb1/Downloads/incomplete. I can do that from the Transmission weg-gui available from the Kamoj menu. Torrents will download to the correct location and all is OK until the router reboots. After a reboot, the download locations switch back to the original defaults. I can restore the folder locations but the torrent files are then missing so I have to start downloading all over. Does anyone know how to change the default download locations and other settings so they will not be overwritten?

Thanks,

BL

Please check this post:

Voxel.

That worked great.

At first I had a problem that was a mistake on my part. My usb's were mounted as "sdb1" and "sdb2". So instead of moving the file to "sda1" as you instructed, I moved it to "sdb2". After that, Transmission wasn't picking up the new location for the settings file. With a little digging I noticed that the init script wasn't looking there for the settings. I decided just to change the usbs to "sda1"/"sda2" and all is well.

Thank you for the help Voxel!

Best wishes,
BL

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!