What's new

Transmission stops connecting to peers every day

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thorton

Regular Contributor
AC86U with Merlin 384.19 (but the same issue existed with other versions, too). Running Transmission over VPN as described at https://www.snbforums.com/threads/transmission-for-asuswrt-merlin.31278/page-3#post-266164 - works fine.

But every day it stops connecting to peers and downloading data. I use Transmission Remote on PC, so when I open local torrent file, Transmission Remote properly connects to Transmission on router and torrent is added. The problem is that no data is downloaded, it always displays "Downloading metadata from 0 peers". The only way to solve the issue is to connect to router via SSH and manually restart Transmission. When restarting, I always see a message that daemon is alive (which is correct because Transmission itself responds). Then it starts downloading immediately, but other day the same problem occurs again.

Here's another thing: rebooting router does NOT fix the issue. Even if I reboot the router, I still need to manually restart Transmission daemon, which is alive anyways. My initial thought was the issue has something to do with this:

Code:
#wait for VPN
until [ $(nvram get vpn_client1_state) -gt 1 ]
  do
  logger "Waiting 5 seconds for VPN..."
  sleep 5
  done

I thought Transmission might not get correct state of VPN during this period, so I tried other values too - from 1 to 30 seconds, without any luck. It still only established a connection to peers after manual restart of daemon.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!