What's new

Trend Micro and Adaptive QOS, and other questions.,

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Just a question, I'm not really bothered about the trend micro data collection thing, but my question is this?

Why does Adaptive QOS actually require agreeing to the Trend micro EULA ? Why does QOS need to gather data ?

Also If you do not agree to the EULA, are the services greyed out on the HUD or just not available ?

and lastly if you DO agree, but say use only the QOS part of it, will it still send data on all webtraffic (That it would for example in the malicious site filter)?

I ask because I would like to use adaptive QOS but would prefer not to sign my life away and let trend micro know I look at websites about animal crossing.

Last edited by a moderator:
QoS doesn't happen on its own. TrendMicro is the backend that makes it happen. ;)

QoS doesn't happen on its own. TrendMicro is the backend that makes it happen. ;)
It can happen without trendmicro, it did, albeit manually on the rt-n66u, this is why I dont understand the need for trendmicro to be involved in it.

Why does Adaptive QOS actually require agreeing to the Trend micro EULA ? Why does QOS need to gather data ?

Adaptive QoS needs the Trend Micro DPI engine to analyze and classify traffic - that's why you don't need to manually classify it yourself.

ok thanks Merlin, I am thinking I should try this flex or cake QOS. The router is arriving from Amazon today, quite exciting.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!