What's new

Trend Micro >BIG WARNING<

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
They collect vary things about you eg ip, mac, location and more.

OOXQASa.png

Last edited:
and that's why it is extremely important that one must read a service's/product's Terms of Service and Privacy agreements prior to acceptance of the service provided...

I don't think I ever was asked to agree to any EULA

The same thing applies for any modern security suite that uses cloud-based technology to check for malware. Or the scam site checks done by IE (SmartScreen), Firefox and Chrome. Nothing unusual here.

I don't think I ever was asked to agree to any EULA

The EULA gets shown the first time you enable anything related to the DPI engine.

I disabled all the trend micro protections, rebooted the router AC68. With them off I noticed that UDP connections weren't working properly. They were all showing as unreplied when at least some should have been assured. VPN connection and VoIP to be specific.

I switched all the protections back on, rebooted, and all is well again.

Seems that there are some bugs to work out?

I disabled all the trend micro protections, rebooted the router AC68. With them off I noticed that UDP connections weren't working properly. They were all showing as unreplied when at least some should have been assured.

Someone mentioned noticing that a few months ago, and yet he saw no ill effect from it. Quite likely to be a side-effect of the CTF+FA acceleration (enabling the DPI engine was disabling FA).

Someone mentioned noticing that a few months ago, and yet he saw no ill effect from it. Quite likely to be a side-effect of the CTF+FA acceleration (enabling the DPI engine was disabling FA).

CTF has always been on but FA has always been disabled because of PPPoE WAN. So I don't think that's it.

I disabled all the trend micro protections, rebooted the router AC68. With them off I noticed that UDP connections weren't working properly. They were all showing as unreplied when at least some should have been assured. VPN connection and VoIP to be specific.

I switched all the protections back on, rebooted, and all is well again.

Seems that there are some bugs to work out?

Same. I shut off Adaptive QoS and could not get any external connections to work. LAN-to-LAN connections continued to work. Re-enabling it brought external connectivity back to life. To shut off Adaptive QoS and get traffic working again required a reset/reconfigure.

Is the QOS part of Trend Micro?
I am a little confused with the gui. Adaptive QOS, Smart QOS, Traditional QOS. Which one is realted to dpi / Trend Micro?

I had a peak of the new features when installing 378.50 and toggled some of the settings and, was presented the eula. I have switched everything back off except Adaptive QOS. Do I need to factory reset to be safe? ughh

AC68U 378.50

Is the QOS part of Trend Micro?
I am a little confused with the gui. Adaptive QOS, Smart QOS, Traditional QOS. Which one is realted to dpi / Trend Micro?

I had a peak of the new features when installing 378.50 and toggled some of the settings and, was presented the eula. I have switched everything back off except Adaptive QOS. Do I need to factory reset to be safe? ughh

AC68U 378.50

That's a good question, because I've found that in order to make Smart QoS work, I have to enable AiProtection (TrendMicro). And what I want is QoS, not Trend Micro's security.

Adaptive uses the DPI engine, Traditionnal is the old manual method.

Then, I'll stick with classic, Adaptive is not working so good, probably there's something with Trend Micro's engine (plus blocks me sites and ftp's with expired certs, which I trust anyway)

And do I have to enable all features to Adaptive/Smart QoS work, or just which option of AiProtection is required?

Last edited:
well I also don't see anything bad with this as @RMerlin mentioned already all cloud based security are working in this way. This just improves the detection / security for other people :)

By the way.... for me its working fine and I didn't have any issues yest :)

If you never accepted the EULA, and AiProtection, AiCloud, Adapative QOS, and Traffic Analyzer was always off, does anyone have an idea why this happens:

Mar 26 02:00:13 rc_service: rc 2913:notify_rc restart_wrs​

wrs = Web Reputation System. I've seen the notification on past firmware versions too. It seems like Trend Micro is running in the background regardless of accepting the EULA, possibly an oversight, but I don't know. Also tried NAT Loopback=Merlin, =Asus, =Disabled, still get them.

AC68U, 378.51

If you never accepted the EULA, and AiProtection, AiCloud, Adapative QOS, and Traffic Analyzer was always off, does anyone have an idea why this happens:

Mar 26 02:00:13 rc_service: rc 2913:notify_rc restart_wrs​

wrs = Web Reputation System. I've seen the notification on past firmware versions too. It seems like Trend Micro is running in the background regardless of accepting the EULA, possibly an oversight, but I don't know. Also tried NAT Loopback=Merlin, =Asus, =Disabled, still get them.

AC68U, 378.51

Most likely because the restart_wrs string is hardcoded in the webui. It's the rc service's job to determine if the service is actually enabled, and therefore should wrs be actually restarted, or ignored. Check with "ps w" to see if the wrs process is running.

yes yes yes
I have the exact same thing going on Rmerlin. I did see your response to this issue in the .51 thread. http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-51-is-out.23198/page-21#post-174063 I also see in the commits you change something regarding wrs, I am not smart enough to know if that is aimed at fixing this issue. I too did a factory reset, and re flashed .51 making sure not to accept the eula, and not use anything trend micro.

When you say put them in a nat-start script. Does that mean copy everything inside my script named vpn_route_up.sh to nat-start and make executable? Sorry for being a little slow. Could I put a line inside a script named nat-start with a line telling it to run vpn_route_up.sh
Like example:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/jffs/scripts/vpn_route_up.sh
Thank you rmerlin.

Then, I'll stick with classic, Adaptive is not working so good, probably there's something with Trend Micro's engine (plus blocks me sites and ftp's with expired certs, which I trust anyway)

And do I have to enable all features to Adaptive/Smart QoS work, or just which option of AiProtection is required?
There is nothing wrong with the QOS engine.
If you use VPN the QOS will never work right.
All VPN traffic shows up as Uploads in the Bandwidth Meters.
you can try any type of QOS it will never work right.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!