What's new

Trouble getting a client to connect Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rwc075

New Around Here
This just started being a problem since the 384.6 update. I'm running RT-AC5300 with the latest 384.9 firmware behind an AT&T 5286AC Gateway.

I'm having a problem getting my MyQ garage door to connect to the WiFi. In my debug log I'm seeing the Discover and Offer packets with a good IP, but the Client will not Acknowledge the offer IP. I've tried messing with all the settings on the 2.4Ghz channel with no luck. I've tried to manually assign a good IP...nothing. Reluctantly I turned on the 2.4 on the Gateway. The garage door connects to that instantly.

Any thoughts or ideas? It's the only device I have trouble connecting to.

Just wondering if you did a clean upgrade (with a reset to factory defaults and manually configuring the router afterward) or a 'dirty' upgrade with just simply flashing the new firmware and finding issues now?

Check for "Airtime Fairness" - if enabled, disable it - on factory firmware this is enabled by default

It was a dirty upgrade. The thought of re-configuring everything is daunting...

Thanks for the Airtime Fairness check. It was enabled, so now it's disabled. We'll see if that works.

Last edited:
IT WORKED! That was exactly the problem. Thanks so much!

Cool...

@RMerlin - this has been a frequently asked and answered question -- while the AsusWRT-RMerlin has this feature disabled by default, the factory firmware has it enabled, and if users don't do a full reset...

and if users don't do a full reset...
Many treat the factory reset like a last resort when in reality it should be step 1 when you’re changing firmwares and run into a problem - doubly true when changing “forks” for lack of a better word. Where is @skeal...

Cool...

@RMerlin - this has been a frequently asked and answered question -- while the AsusWRT-RMerlin has this feature disabled by default, the factory firmware has it enabled, and if users don't do a full reset...
This is documented in the sticky wireless troubleshooting guide. There's nothing more I can do about it...

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to be "THAT" guy. I did read through the Wireless troubleshooting guide before posting. The part that threw me was the "RT-N66U" I figured that was a specific issue for that router. Lesson learned.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!