What's new

Trouble with astrill router applet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joyotone

New Around Here
Hi all

I'm using asus ac66u with merlin firmware, and installed astrill applet on my router.
I created a guest wifi network, and set astrill like this:
attachment.php

So devices connect to this network will be tunnel through VPN.
everything works fine, Until recently I purchase a Synology NAS.
I connect the NAS Device to router with LAN cable, and done all the settings, port forward, static IP , and set the DDNS so I can access my NAS device outside my home. I also set this on astrill applet:
attachment.php

to make all the traffic from my NAS not going through VPN.
here's the problem: every time my router connected astrill VPN, I can't connect NAS outside my home. I enter the DDNS url, and the browser tells me This webpage is not available. then I disconnect the VPN, every thing work fine again.
This drives me nuts these days....
Is anyone can help me out?

Attachments

• 2014-03-18_1558.png
    2014-03-18_1558.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 2014-03-18_1610.png
    2014-03-18_1610.png
    17 KB · Views: 993
Best in this scenario would be to ask Astrill customer support why this is happening. I remember that when I routed all traffic via VPN I was unable to connect with the router remotely. What worked however was to buy a fixed static VPN IP and connect to VPN IP address. I am pretty sure the same could work in this case and you would not have to exclude NAS from VPN.

You can always ask Astrill to give you a fixed IP for few days as you would like to evaluate if this is going to work or not before you purchase. I was successful with such request.

Best in this scenario would be to ask Astrill customer support why this is happening. I remember that when I routed all traffic via VPN I was unable to connect with the router remotely. What worked however was to buy a fixed static VPN IP and connect to VPN IP address. I am pretty sure the same could work in this case and you would not have to exclude NAS from VPN.

You can always ask Astrill to give you a fixed IP for few days as you would like to evaluate if this is going to work or not before you purchase. I was successful with such request.

thanks for the suggestion, but I really need to exclude the NAS from VPN, cause I'm using my nas as p2p client for download, and astrill's p2p server seems slow for me here in China, and also it is slow when I'm downloading files from nas outside my home.

thanks for the suggestion, but I really need to exclude the NAS from VPN, cause I'm using my nas as p2p client for download, and astrill's p2p server seems slow for me here in China, and also it is slow when I'm downloading files from nas outside my home.

Ask Astrill support. If you excluded NAS on Astrill's applet, you should be able to connect to NAS through DDNS.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!