What's new

trying to unbrick ac tp Link archer c7 without an ethernet cable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I recently bricked an archer c 7 router and I don't have access to a laptop or desktop.I only have a Microsoft tablet ( latest model) and as it doesn't have an ethernet port I was wondering if there is another way to unbrick it, maybe via a usb cable? Any help greatly appreciated Ps sorry about the typo in the heading I meant a tp Link not ac tp link

This is not the first time you've had problems because of a lack of an Ethernet connection. Do yourself (and us ;)) a favour and buy a USB to Ethernet adapter. They don't cost much (if you don't buy the Microsoft branded device) and are useful things to have anyway.

This is not the first time you've had problems because of a lack of an Ethernet connection. Do yourself (and us ;)) a favour and buy a USB to Ethernet adapter. They don't cost much (if you don't buy the Microsoft branded device) and are useful things to have anyway.
Thanks Collin I didn't know you could get one I'll go online now and buy one many thanks your blood is worth bottling

Just make sure you get one with the correct type of USB plug for your device. ;) USB-C is becoming more popular nowadays for tablet/phone devices.

If you want a more universal solution you can purchase the adapter with standard USB plug and also a set of USB adapters. By using the correct USB adapters I can connect a whole range of devices to my Ethernet network. I carry the adapters in my travel kit so I don't need to carry a charging cord for every device. One cord, one two port charger and a set of adapters. The adapters are also handy on long road trips so again with a single cord and some adapters you can charge most anything.

If you want a more universal solution you can purchase the adapter with standard USB plug and also a set of USB adapters. By using the correct USB adapters I can connect a whole range of devices to my Ethernet network. I carry the adapters in my travel kit so I don't need to carry a charging cord for every device. One cord, one two port charger and a set of adapters. The adapters are also handy on long road trips so again with a single cord and some adapters you can charge most anything.
Thanks captain that sounds good luckily I haven't had a chance to go online and purchase one yet so now that it's Saturday morning here I'll go online to amazon and purchase one now.You guys are just full of useful info I do love this forum thanks again

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!